Near-term trend for the TSX Index is down.
Key points from the above chart:
- TSX Index has a negative technical profile
- Moved below the 200 day simple moving average
- Near-term trend is down
- RSI moved below 50 which is the midpoint on a scale
Relevant articles picked from the Web:
- Canada caught in oil price pinch, BoC warns — Financial Post — April 18, 2012
- With TSX shaky, fund managers play defense — Financial Post — April 15, 2012
- Natural gas plummets to 10-year low — Financial Post — April 11, 2012
- Investment managers turn bullish on U.S., cautious on Canada — Financial Post — April 9, 2012
- It’s time to look beyond overhyped BRICs — Globe Investor — April 9, 2012
- Flying the flag may not be best investment strategy for Canadians — Financial Post — April 6, 2012
Note: This technical analysis is for educational purposes so you can learn to trade online using candlestick charts. Please conduct your own chart analysis or consult your financial advisor before making investment decisions. The chart snippets are from BigCharts.com which I recommend and have used for fifteen years. The author of this article may hold long or short positions in the featured stock or index.
© 2012 TradeOnline.ca