Can the S&P/TSX index break resistance of 14,300?
What are the key points to note on this chart of the TSX index?
- Major resistance on the candlestick chart is 14, 300.
- The index could not close above 14,300 on two attempts.
- Is this the start of a double top formation on the weekly chart?
- Support on the weekly chart for the TSX is 13,500.
- Is the index moving into a consolidation pattern?
- Notice how the bullish engulfing pattern signaled the start of the uptrend in March, 2009.
- Did you board the train in March, 2009? I was aboard with rest stops along the way.
- Candlestick chart formations indicated where you could disembark the train for rest stops.
- The bullish piercing pattern in July, 2010 indicated that the train was leaving the station again.
- Now, the train is at the station. When will it leave? And, in what direction?
Reference the previous chart analysis of the TSX index.
Note: This technical analysis is for educational purposes so you can learn to trade online using candlestick charts. Please conduct your own chart analysis or consult your financial advisor before making investment decisions. The chart snippets are from BigCharts.com which I recommend and have used for fifteen years. The author of this article may hold long or short positions in the featured stock or index.