Another breakout for Great-West Life on the daily chart
The Lifecos are having a good run as the bond yields increase and the US indexes advance. Combine this with an above average dividend yield and the rally may continue. Great-West Life, Power Financial, Manulife and Sun Life are all moving to the upside.
Reference the Great-West Life website to review the fundamental data for the company.
“If rates drop 100 bps, Great-West would see its core earnings drop an estimated 9%, compared with 33% for Manulife and 45% for Sun Life. As a result, Mr. Aiken prefers Great-West Life based on its smaller exposure to interest rates.”
Relevant articles picked from the Web:
- Lifecos and dead stocks: strange bedfellows stuck with each other — FP — May 10, 2012
- Life insurers have become ‘anti-bonds’ as their prices rise with yields — FP — April 20, 2012
- Life insurers will not avoid falling bond yields’ effects: Barclays — FP — March 30, 2012
- Insurance stocks: Up and away? — Globe Investor — March 22, 2012
- Don’t chase the lifeco rally — Financial Post — March 20, 2012
Note: This technical analysis is for educational purposes so you can learn to trade online using candlestick charts. Please conduct your own chart analysis or consult your financial advisor before making investment decisions. The chart snippets are from BigCharts.com which I recommend and have used for fifteen years. The author of this article may hold long or short positions in the featured stock or index.
© 2012 TradeOnline.ca