Breakout for Rogers (RCI.B:TSX) at $36 on the candlestick chart
Rogers (RCI.B:TSX) Six-Month Candlestick Chart
What are the key points on the chart for Rogers?
- Breakout at $36 which was a resistance level.
- Bullish white candlesticks which closed near the high for each day.
- The stock price is above the three simple moving averages — 10-Day, 20-Day and 40-Day.
- Volume is increasing with the uptrend.
- OBV is confirming the uptrend.
- RSI is confirming the uptrend
Reference the fundamentals for Rogers. Also, reference the previous analysis for a competitor: BCE.
Relevant articles picked from the web:
Note: This technical analysis is for educational purposes so you can learn to trade online using candlestick charts. Please conduct your own chart analysis or consult your financial advisor before making investment decisions. The chart snippets are from BigCharts.com which I recommend and have used for fifteen years. The author of this article may hold long or short positions in the featured stock or index.
© 2011 TradeOnline.ca
Tentative breakout on the daily candlestick chart
CNQ:TSX 3-Month Daily Candlestick Chart
The key points from the above candlestick chart are:
- Tentative breakout above $44.00
- But, the candlestick on the breakout is not a strong (tall white) candlestick.
- And, the volume was not above average on the breakout.
- And, the MACD is still negative.
- And, the OBV is still negative.
- And, the three short-term simple moving averages are all negative.
- But, there seems to be good support at $42.00
- So, invest with caution and wait for the earnings release.
Reference the website for Canadian Natural Resources to review the fundamental data.
Reference the Globe and Mail article: Canaccord boosts oil forecast, upgrades energy stocks.
View a more recent analysis for CNQ showing critical support levels.
View the Home Page for current charts.
Can Precision Drilling (PD) hold the new support level of $12?
Precision Drilling Daily Chart
The most important points to note in the Precision Drilling (PD) chart analysis are:
- The major trend, intermediate trend and near-term trend are all up.
- The 40 day moving average is a good approximation of the trend line.
- Always trade in the direction of the trend.
- There was a breakout above resistance of $12.
- Major support is now $12.
- The reversal of resistance to support is an important principle in technical analysis.
- The breakout was on above average volume.
- Trading volume measures the force behind the move.
- On balance volume is confirming the upward trend.
- The MACD confirmed the breakout.
If an online trader made a buy on the breakout at $12.50, the trader must set up a stop-loss at that time. A reasonable stop-loss would be below support at $12. A stop-loss of $11.87 would represent a loss of around 5% and maybe not close enough that it would be taken out on a light test of support. Anyway, you will be around to trade another day. Risk management is an important concept in online trading. Preservation of capital is rule #1.
Precision Drilling is a leading provider of oilfield services.
Other stocks analyzed on this site include: Encana, Suncor, RioCan, BMO, Shoppers Drug Mart, Pfizer, BCE and Patriot Coal.
Investors are seeking yield. RioCan has been a favorite with institutional and individual Canadian investors.